Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flower Bed Pictures

I've never really done a landscaping project before (not any that I'll admit to anyway!) so this was no small thing.

We bought and brought home all the pavers. I carried them all from the truck to the yard and then layed them in the pattern I wanted.

I dug out the grass that John had grown. (I kept telling him I wanted to do flower beds but he didn't believe me.)

I spent a couple hours at Lowe's in the blazing sun choosing what plants to use.

I made several trips to pick it all up because there wasn't enough room in one trip.

I dug big holes for the bushes. I dug smaller holes for the flowers.

I mulched.

I watered.

I LOVE it!!!


I wasn't sure what to do with this area down by the end of the driveway so I mulched it and added some flowerpots.


I thought about cutting down the big oleander bush on the end, but my dad said I should just trim it up like a tree. I'm glad I listened!


So much better now!


Here's the left side - that's the kitchen window there on the far left. It's much better view now!