Monday, October 6, 2008

I Accomplished the Impossible!

On Friday, I made so many calls to electricians, trying to schedule one to come sooner rather than later. Like I mentioned in the last post, we couldn't move forward with things until electrical stuff was done, we had a permit, and it was all approved by the inspector. Everyone I talked to said it would be at least a week or two before they could come out. I just kept calling.

Finally, I talked to an electrician who said he could come out on Tuesday or Wednesday. I talked him into coming Monday morning (today). So at 8:00 this morning I met him there and by the time school was out, the work was done, the permit was on the wall, and the approved box was checked. Woohoo!

Now tomorrow morning Fernando can start working again and the walls will soon be closed up. I've got to get the kitchen painted and dried before Wednesday evening when the cabinets will start going in. The guy we hired does it on the side so he'll work a few hours each night starting Wednesday and will be done by Saturday or Sunday afternoon. It's going to be so great to really get things going again.

My hands are blistered not from scraping more stupid linoleum today. I have mentioned that I hate that stuff, right? RIGHT? I even wore gloves. I got almost all of it up in the bathroom but the power was off in that part of the house because of the work being done so it was kind of dark. As I neared the toilet I was less than willing to get too close since I couldn't really see what I was doing. There were a few things back behind there that I couldn't quite make out so I decided to finish the job some other time. Call me squeamish, but I know those construction guys have been using that toilet. I'm quite positive because they bought a family size pack of toilet paper and put it in there.

I wish they had bought some air freshener too. =)