Saturday, October 25, 2008

No, We Haven't Given Up

I'm sure you're probably thinking that we finally gave up on our miserable piece due to the lack of posting around here, but you would be wrong. Although I don't have pictures at the moment to prove anything, we are making progress. Slowly but surely.
  • The bathroom cabinets were custom made and they are partly installed. They will be fully installed once the plumbing is reconfigured for a double sink. They're nice though and I'm glad I didn't go with just unfinished cabinets from Home Depot or Lowes. These cost a little more but I think we'll definitely see that money again. I need to choose a stain now.
  • The painting has continued. Even though I don't particularly enjoy painting, I always love the huge difference it makes. It's just so dramatic!
  • The master bathtub is in place. Now if we can just get our slow-poke plumber to come do his thing, we can get some more things rolling. A slow worker can really mess a time-line up. It's one big domino effect and a lot of times, you're just at these guys' mercy. Apparently, plumbers have no trouble finding plenty of work so I don't think they're too concerned about losing your business - hence, their total lack of regard for when you would like the job done. He keeps saying he's coming but then he doesn't. Why are we even still trying to use this guy????? Grrrrrrr.......
This week I'm very hopeful that our new doors will be installed, including the garage doors, the painting will be finished, granite counters will be ordered, and the master bathroom will be shaping up. We'll see though. My hopes do not always equal reality.

My biggest obstacle has been trying to get things done while taking care of my kids too. When we started this whole thing, we had grandparents living with us. That's not the case anymore. So even once the kids are in bed at night, I can't go over there and work like I had before. I will say that their great-grandmother has been a help though. She will often stay at our house while the babies are napping. That's a big help at least!

In closing, I would just like to point out that flipping is not for moms of little children. =)