Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Stink

I had great hopes of what this blog would be, but the honest truth is that I can only do so much. I figure I should probably keep feeding my kids and occasionally dressing them, and every once in a while I need to sleep an hour or two. The only thing I can cut out some is blogging. =(

I'm kind of bummed and kind of excited all at once because we started moving our stuff over today (the good part), yet not everything is done yet (the bummer part). Things will get finished this week but due to several different factors, we needed to go ahead and move a lot of things over. We put a lot of it in the garage (the carpet isn't in yet) and only some in the house on the tile. It was SO thrilling to see my things that have been in a lonely storage room for over a year, but it's frustrating that 1) I didn't get pictures of everything all finished before stuff was brought in, and 2) I didn't get to clean everything before stuff was brought in. I'll definitely have to mop a number of times to get the floors good and clean. I wish I had a Shark Steam Mop!

All of this to say that pictures will be posted, just not yet. We're going to be crazy busy finishing everything and moving in this week and then we're going to Colorado for the rest of the year. I can't wait to post an awesome before and after picture full post!

And don't let me forget to share my cabinet staining fiasco! I'm going to have to blame it on Kablot, I think, due to her down right frightening warning of a comment about my body now being poisoned with toxins! ;) It sure feels good to have someone else to blame for your mistakes. Thanks, Kablot!

My body is screaming for bed after a very long day of church (complete with curling both girls' hair this morning - about a 45 minute job, working in the preschool class, and then the preschool Christmas program, and touching little boy pee when a 4 year old wet his pants), lunch, trying to edit John's paper for school (I fell asleep trying), moving lots of heavy boxes (some of them up the ladder and into the attic), overseeing the completion of a 2nd grade school project (no small thing if you've met his teacher!), and getting all tired and cranky children into bed. Good night!