Sunday, September 14, 2008

The New Windows

The place where we knocked out weird walls and brought it out even with the rest of the house is one step closer to being done. When I walked in on Saturday and saw it, I immediately knew we had made a great decision. Our original thought was to move the sliding glass door out to that wall (it was on one of the walls we knocked out.) I sat up in bed one night and realized I absolutely did not want a door there. I wanted windows! A glass sliding door in a nice dining area just didn't sound as pretty as windows. So I went to Lowe's and there you go.





Are you confused as to where this window is? The picture below shows the end of the kitchen area. To the right would be the three walls we took out. There were three walls that formed a rectangle shaped patio area right outside. We took out the walls and made a new wall even with the rest of that side of the house. It meant a nice open flow from kitchen to dining room to living room. Not cheap, but probably one of the best changes we'll make.