Monday, September 15, 2008

September 16th

We bought our bathroom tile today finally. I guess we'll still have to go to Lowe's or Home Depot tomorrow to get the accent stuff though, since they didn't have what we needed at our discount place. What we really wanted was a beautiful travertine tile, but at $7+ a square foot we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. Especially when we found a 20x20 ceramic tile that looks and even feels so much like the travertine we wanted. It was only $1.45 a square foot! Yea!


Here's one of our workers knocking out the hole for where the new window is going in the front of the house.

I'm glad I wasn't having to do this job - it didn't look fun!

The view from the inside. I think it will be a lot better once the white pick-up is gone. And the worker too.

I forgot to take a picture of this wheelbarrow the other day. We couldn't track our big nice one down, (I think we finally figured out that John's brother has it) so Clay let us use his. He was quick to say that it wasn't that great but we were welcome to it. I'm pretty sure that those neighbors who were entertained by me yesterday in the dumpster were also entertained when they watched me transporting broken pieces of tile in this thing. I was tempted to leave the wheelbarrow itself in the dumpster! I didn't though.