Sunday, September 7, 2008

September 6th

One of our main goals for the day was to get all of the kitchen cabinets and counters ordered. In order to get some of the measurements we needed, it was helpful to take out some of the existing cabinets. I can just hear Doug from King of Queens saying "Demo-li-shi-on"! I love that show. =)

It was so great to see at least some of those ugly cabinets come out. We got our measurements and went up to the store to plot out the cabinet design only to realize that we didn't have every measurement we needed. Oops! Back to the car, drive across town and measure again. Live and learn.

The store we used is kind of like a handy man depot (a store that SA used to have). You can save a lot of money but they're not as user friendly as Lowe's or Home Depot. This store currently has no computer program to help in the kitchen design process. Lucky for us (and for the store employee) John had his graph paper and calculator and figured it all out. It doesn't seem like it would be hard, but it's like a big puzzle. The store was closed when we finished designing it so the worker man is going to call in the morning with the actual cost and then I'll go up and pay for it all. I can't even tell you how excited we are to get those cabinets in there. That's when it will really all start to come together!




Late that night, we went back to the house with John David since he had been wanting to help. I didn't have my camera with me. =( John David helped shovel out rocks from the front patio area and he helped hammer out the entry way tile. So cute! I kicked myself for not taking my camera.

Here's a video of John working. Not so very exciting, but I went to the trouble of loading it to Photobucket so it's getting posted. I have to keep taking the videos because you just never know when something funny might happen. And sorry it's kind of dark - the electricity is shut off in that room due to the construction going on.....